NC Wildlife Fish Stocking

If you’re a fisherman, the Wildlife service wants you to know that approximately 1,000 miles of Hatchery Supported Trout Waters, marked by green-and-white signs, will be closed March 1st through April 2nd for stocking. In 2022, 964,000 trout will be stocked at frequent intervals March through June, 96% of which will average 10 inches in length, with the other 4% exceeding 14 inches in length. Anglers can harvest a maximum of seven trout per day, with no minimum size limit, gear or bait restrictions. 

Author: Mike Jackson